Thursday 19 March 2015

Ring Light GET!!

Hi,

This is a relatively short post, so do just bear with me!

Recently, after much consideration, I decided to get a ring light! It is quite a popular thing among bloggers! I have seen many of them using it!

Basically, a ring light is a hollow circle-shaped light stand that is placed in front of your camera. It minimizes shadows, and helps you to make your photos really super sharp, clear and 'professional' looking. 

Also, your pupils will reflect the light thus giving an illusion of a white ring in your pupil which is how the name for the light originated!




(Photo credits to http://thoushaltnotcovet.net)

I think it looks really pretty when the light is reflected!

Thanks to my friend's recommendation, I got my ring light from Alan Photos at Funan Mall!

I also did my own research regarding the store and it has received many good reviews! I am a strong believer of the store too now! 

If I need anything else, I'm sure to go there!

There are two outlets available! :>

FUNAN

Address

109 North Bridge Road #02-07
FUNAN The IT Mall Singapore 179097

Email

alanfoto@singnet.com.sg

Phone & Fax

Contact No. : +(65) 6883 0922
Fax No. : +(65) 6339 3869

Operating Hours

Working hours : 10.30am to 8.30pm (Mon - Sat)
10.30am to 7.30pm (Sun & Public Holiday) 

and

Sim Lim Square

Address

Outlet 1
1 Rochor Canal Road
#01-38 Sim Lim Square, Singapore 188504

Outlet 2
1 Rochor Canal Road
#01-08 Sim Lim Square Singapore 188504 

Email

alanfoto@singnet.com.sg

Phone & Fax

Contact No. : +(65) 6336 0922
Fax No. : +(65) 6338 0269

Operating Hours

Working hours : 10.30am to 8.30pm (Mon - Sat)
10.30am to 7.30pm (Sun & Public Holiday) 

Here is how the light and stand looks like!


I really do need a ring light, because my house has really horrible lighting LOL as you can see XDD

Mine doesn't come with a instruction manual but I don't think that one was needed because it was relatively easy to set up! Just attach the bottom of the light to the stand and YAY! You're done!

I got mine at a set price of $139 (light and tripod), which I thought was a pretty good deal, because I have read that some people got their lights alone at $140 +- o_o

I love that it comes with a 3 pin socket plug because then, I don't have to worry about charging it nor have to worry about forgetting to remove the batteries and not touching it for a long time!

It's a double edged sword really! But I'm still really happy and satisfied with it! :>

Thank you for reading!

If you decide to get a ring light too, do let me know! 

Have fun and enjoy! :>

Cheers,
Diiyawn

No comments:

Post a Comment